Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Fate Reforced Sealed

Wow, two magic posts in a row. Look at me go. Don't get me wrong, this isn't meant to be a mtg blog only, just seems to be a recurring theme in my life right now. Anyways, last time I talked about draft form of magic. This time I will be talking about the other form of limited type which is called sealed. Basically you open a set number of packs (depends on which kind you want to play) and build a deck out of the cards that you open. Normally you would build a deck about 40-60 cards, depending on the number of packs you open. When we did this, we each opened five packs (one short of what you normally would). Needless to say, it would swimmingly for me. I opened over $50 of cards in one pack. For those of you that don't know, that pack cost less than $5. If I was the type of person who sold cards...just wow. I think all in all, we totaled the cards we opened at over $200 (at the time that they were opened). I didn't take any pictures of the game that we played but I squashed him. Here's the rares and mythics we opened.
These are my cards, I had the biggest pulls in terms of cost of cards. For those who are wondering, I opened Flooded Strand and Ugin in the same pack, back to back. I almost wanted to cry. And for those counting and things not coming up right, yeah that's six rares and mythics in five packs. Look at me stunting. Jk.
These were the cards that he pulled, again, yes there are seven cards in five packs, we are just that awesome/lucky.
Seriously though, we pulled really well. Overall, I think that our sealed went really well. We could have had a terrible game (we didn't) and it still would have been worth it. Sure, we don't sell cards but we now don't have to purchase any of these singles. And we immediately put most of these cards into some of our EDH decks so it worked out really well. Anyways, that's all for now. Sorry for two magic the gathering posts in a row. Until next time.
~Ashley Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment